February 27, 2021

[Review] Solji - I'm Here With You

The end of this blog is near. Kpop as a whole has never been further down on my list of interests, and keeping up with releases and that nature. Combine that with the continuous frustration of Blogger's bullshit means it's unlikely I make it to the nine year mark. We'll have to see what happens. Regardless, I promise to keep y'all in the loop no matter the situation.
Ballads are often ignored in reviews because it's nothing but fawning over the vocals, but I've had a rough start to the year, meaning Solji's voice is medicine for my soul. I wouldn't try to decipher lyrics despite knowing that'd help fill content, because I'm really past the point of introducing something like that. But yeah there isn't much more to say: Solji continues to be an excellent singer, and this ballad is another excellent addition to her library.

All this does though is make me miss EXID. Them and other groups that have fallen by the wayside over the last three or four years do nothing but bring me sadness, and I suppose that is par the course with the way the pandemic has been going. Whatever man. "I'm Here With You" is a fantastic emotional piece, and hope to see more of Solji whether as an individual or back with the gang in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment