January 10, 2017

[Misc] Bias Power Rankings VII: Early 2017

Unlike the Girl Group Power Rankings from yesterday, the first installment of my Bias Power Rankings this year will include the most recent comebacks. Namely, AOA with "Bing Bing" and "Excuse Me," the latter of which will be reviewing sometime next week. Or soon. Hopefully soon. Anyway, here are my favorite Kpop girls after the wild whirlwind year of 2016.
Honorable Mentions: Seungyeon / Choa / Victoria / Sojin
Seungyeon makes her debut with the other honorable mentions for being the jack-of-all-trades in CLC. With AOA's comeback, I don't know how to feel about Choa's growing hair. Sometimes it looks elegant and other times very awkward. Victoria and Sojin are the older members of this list, and continue to stay in this range thanks to a lack of comebacks music-wise. I considered cutting out this section but at the same time it's nice to know who are the hopefuls looking to jump into the top 12.
12. Chorong (-1) / 11. Irene (NEW) / 10. Hwasa (-2) / 9. Yuju
Chorong and Hwasa fall through no real fault of their own. In fact, I'd say I keep liking Chorong more and more over the passing days. It's simply to make way for Irene who has paved her way into the rankings because her eternal beauty has been unmatched by anyone else on this list (for the most part, anyway). Yuju hangs around at #9 with GFriend continuing to have staying power, and taking over Apink's niche as previously mentioned in the Girl Group Power Rankings.
8. Hani (-2) / 7. Jennie (NEW) / 6. Eunji (+1) / 5. Hyejeong
I've never been the biggest fan of shorter hair, or rather, I love long hair too much to really appreciate girls that rock the short cuts. As a result Hani (and another) lost some "points" in that respect but I still love her variety presence all the same. Black Pink and Jennie storms onto the scene with their furious promotions, and her cute demeanor has captivated me much like her strong charisma on stage. Despite Apink not being too exciting, everything about Eunji is life and will continue to be for a long time since her group isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Hyejeong has placed 5th again (three consecutive times)
4. Soyu / 3. Wheein / 2. Bora / 1. Taeyeon
I must admit, I was very tempted to swap Wheein and Soyu's spots. Because Soyu has been bomb lately, and Wheein's slipped a little. I was also very tempted to just reuse an old image but that's just me being lazy. Bora and Taeyeon still separate themselves from the rest of the pack by a significant margin, and this longevity will stay for forever. Out of all the remaining members, I'd say the two girls who have the highest chance of breaking this stalemate at the top would be Jennie and Sojin, but only if the former ramps up even more and the latter actually has a damn comeback to the world of Kpop.

No comments:

Post a Comment