January 27, 2018

[Review] Jonghyun - Shinin' (Blitz)

I would've loved to start 2018 off with two full reviews, but time constraints and other schedules / commitments have forced my hand. That and I find myself relying less on reviews as main content and using "non-standard" writing instead. But I'm wasting enough words already. Jonghyun's final release is a posthumous song, and a delightful one at that. Truth be told I didn't know how to feel about the decision to release "Shinin'" or if I was even gonna check it out. I'm glad I did. The electric background instrumental is refreshing and addictive, the latter element further compounded by his repetitive lyrics. Of course, the lyrics that everyone will talk about or mention is the "always be with you" during the chorus. I'm sure that line has helped provide some closure for fans everywhere, and the dual-layered meaning definitely stands out. Much like "She Is," Jonghyun demonstrates his ability for this smooth dance track style just as well as anything else. His voice was always versatile enough to work any genre so it's not surprising in the least to hear him sound so fluid and comfortable in "Shinin'." It's been tough trying to think of much else to say. "Shinin'" is a good song, and has significance as the final farewell to a beloved talent. In the end I'm glad that this was made available to the public. We'll always remember ya, Jonghyun.

Word Count: 234

No comments:

Post a Comment