June 27, 2017

[Review] SF9 - Easy Love (Blitz)

Continuing with the hopping between boy and girl groups, we have FNC's boy group SF9. Of course, I wouldn't be writing about them had I not attended KCON, but still. They are FNC's first true boy group since FT Island and CNBLUE are bands. Anyway, this is your stereotypical dance track accompanied by your stereotypical MV, the latter of which we will simply acknowledge and move on. The first thing I noticed about this song is the voices of SF9. They all sound older than their actual ages, which is cool. And dear heavens are some of these kids young. There have been so many songs this year that build into lackluster choruses (mostly solo effort culprits) that I've started to become wary of this in any song, but thankfully they avoid this with a really great and catchy chorus. Even though this is the first time I've heard them, I like the rappers despite the quips here and there (which I've never been a fan of) during the chorus. Hwiyoung in particular shows potential and since they're so young they have that much more time to improve. And as a sucker for high / long notes, the last chorus is even better than the rest. But perhaps the most exciting thing about "Easy Love" is the choreography: there's just so much going on! I dig the variety in formations, especially during the rap segments. They have the number count to make the most out of formation changes. The dance moves themselves range across the difficulty spectrum, plus there's a little shirt tease action for all the fangirls. If this song is anything to prove, it's that FNC has found their staple boy group and I see no reason that this group shouldn't keep getting more popular.
Word Count: 297

No comments:

Post a Comment