February 14, 2019

[Bonus] Best Of Love Songs

Happy Valentine's Day...? Introductions are overrated and especially so after a long shift at work. Here are some of my favorite love and lovely songs. There is no order, only selected via stream of consciousness. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I'll be heading to New York tomorrow in preparation for Red Velvet's concert in Newark so expect some RV content of sorts in the days after.
Red Velvet - Kingdom Come
As I've stated many times before on this blog, Red Velvet's softer ballad-loving side is my favorite. "Kingdom Come" is a beautiful take with mesmerizing harmonies that roll from start to finish. One of the reasons this style is made for Red Velvet is simply because of their voices. Have you heard Joy and Wendy? They are untouchable in this realm. Even Yeri and Irene (though limited in exposure) don't sound too far behind the rest of the gang. The lyrics were perfect when they mentioned "I won't wake from this dream."
Soyu & Junggigo - Some
You can't talk about love songs or romantic songs without talking about "Some." Without wasting too much time, y'all already know the greatness of "Some." The relatable nature of the track, the smooth acting of the MV stars, the incredible blend of vocal goodness, etc. It was only hampered by a mediocre rap appearance but whatever. That goes for plenty of songs (even those without features).
Juniel - I Think I'm In Love
Juniel has evolved quite a lot as an artist over the years, but her olden days of being that sweet, sweet singer have not been forgotten. Many of her songs would be categorized as a guilty pleasure by me ("My Lips," "Happy Ending," etc.) but "I Think I'm In Love" was genuinely adorable. That's relatively hard to come by. The lyrics and music video are very sweet, though none are sweeter than her vocals. Years after release, this song still holds up.
Big Bang - Love Song
Throw away the lyrics because they don't matter. "Love Song" is beautiful and honestly one of the more underappreciated songs in Big Bang's discography by both the general public and myself. Granted, I ranked it as the 3rd best song of 2011 but that's beside the point (those 20XX series out to be revisited again). From the rapping to the seamless vocals between Daesung, Seungri, and Taeyang, everything flows as perfectly as the videography.
Big Bang - Let's Not Fall In Love
Two entries from the same artist on my Christian Kpop blog? Blasphemy. Anyways, this track is pretty much the epitome of romantic summer audio. The rapping is light yet still carries with it the typical Big Bang punch, while the vocals are superb (just like in "Love Song"). Simplistic in nature, the final chorus is really the climax of the song and the abrupt ending doesn't bother me as much as it should. During their promotion run with the Made album, this song and "Loser" were the leaders of the wolf pack and with good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment