September 20, 2019

[Review] KARD - Dumb Litty (Teaser)

Who let BM name this track? Seriously, "Dumb Litty?" The man is a meme machine...and I love it. After "Bomb Bomb" failed to produce hype for me, this is their chance at redemption. They've certainly proved they are no fluke since debut, but having a shaky sequence of title tracks would not be doing them any favors. Since there's no similar group competition (per se) they have to make every comeback count. They've yet to snag a major win right? The time is nigh my KARD friends.

Teasers for "Dumb Litty" have looked promising, with an inherent god / goddess theme and a hard-hitting sound that we've come to expect from KARD. Jiwoo and Somin look amazing as always, with Jiwoo gaining the post-teaser advantage. Not sure if it's the makeup (or Somin's own being less good) but she is as striking as always. The dance teaser that was released yesterday showed some more audio - and framed awkwardly might I add - so we know more what this track will be like once it's out on the 22nd. If the chorus is anything to go by, then consider me unenthused. It's the standard mixture of repetition and English which aren't that exciting, much less coming from KARD. At least the choreography looks pretty sweet, and as you've all heard me rant before, I'm dying for some good choreo this year. Should the verses and rapping hold up to their standard, it may be enough to salvage the poor chorus.

There hasn't been a lot of time to write, but over the next week I plan on writing my thoughts on the DAY6 concert, with reviews for Dreamcatcher and Seventeen. Then throw in a retro or more realistically, a fluff piece before god forbid I publish an actual power ranking list for the first time in three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment