December 13, 2019

[Misc] Bias Power Rankings XIII: Winter 2019

With Sulli and Hara's news I had to delay this quite a bit. Seemed too prickly to post about biases after something like that. Then apparently my spreadsheet with all my Power Ranking information got corrupted? Or at least the Bias Power Ranking section did? I don't know what's going on. So while I'm remaking that page from scratch, there's also gonna be a change in format. Previously the top 12 members were included but now I'm cutting that down to 10. It was originally for the artwork purposes, but ten is a much cleaner number plus I'm getting lazy and less invested in following these members super closely. These lists will likely be made twice a year from now on, and depending on how long this blog goes on maybe even just once a year will suffice.
#10. Jennie (-4) / #9. Somin (+1) / #8. Hyejeong (+1) / #7. Olivia (+3) / #6. Eunji (+1)
Taking a huge tumble downward is Jennie, in the same manner that her group and label have done over the course of 2019. Supposedly there's a comeback around the corner from Black Pink but with all things YG (and Kpop in general), I'll believe it when I see the actual music video. For now I will place enough respect with her to keep her on the cut down list. Somin rises mostly due to Jennie's fall, as KARD have failed to impress me with their last couple comebacks. On the other hand AOA's "Come See Me" was a decent but more importantly welcome release showcasing the group as five, explaining Hyejeong's jump. Olivia is the new hotness on the prowl as Loona continues to gain momentum - this next comeback is fucking huge - so she'll blitz up the ladder as a result, though not nearly enough to topple the veteran Eunji's position. She has been a stalwart of the middle ranks and it'll be hard to make that change.

#5. Seulgi (-1) / #4. Irene (+1) / #3. Yuju / #2. Wheein / #1. Taeyeon
Oh wow, who could have seen this coming? Absolutely everyone. Maybe I don't have to bother writing the top half for future installments since it's so predictable. At the very least, they are so dominant my lazy ass will start to use the same art for at least 3rd place and up. These fabulous five have been the final bosses for over a year now, and hardly require any explanation at all. Meanwhile it took a few months but Irene retakes Seulgi despite both their excellence. They and Mamamoo are just about the only groups I even peek at variety shows for from time to time so that will continue to bolster their position in these rankings for iterations to come. They are the ultimate queens and will only fall off their thrones when their groups do, as Sistar's Bora and Soyu once did. God even just writing that hypothetical has made me depressing (among the other daily negative bullshit). Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment