May 19, 2020

[Misc] Bias Power Rankings XIV: Spring 2020

Turns out there was a button to press allowing you to use the old Blogger ha! Definitely wasn't there before... Anyway my blindness doesn't stop me from placing girl group members on another ranking list.
#10. Jennie / #9. Eunji (-3) / #8. Mina / #7. Hwasa / #6. Olivia (+1)
By some miracle, Jennie doesn't get dropped even though she's been as inactive as can be. There are rumors flying that Black Pink will be picking up some steam as we head towards the summer but until I see an actual video posted by YG I'll remain cautious. Hwasa and Mina are by no means new to the list, having made appearances here and there throughout the years. Mamamoo's continued excellence means Hwasa will keep dipping in and out, while Twice's comeback teasers have me cautiously optimistic for another standout track following the heels of "Feel Special." As one of the veterans of this list and Kpop in general, Eunji hangs on for dear life. On the flipside, Olivia Hye keeps her status as the new "it" girl in my eyes despite the pretty disappointing "So What."
#5. Seulgi / #4. Irene / #3. Yuju / #2. Wheein / #1. Taeyeon
There's a strange quirk with placing images in the middle of text now for whatever reason and it's bothering my organizational itch. I guess I'll leave it be for now. Surprising absolutely no one, the upper half of this list has remained unchanged. Red Velvet's deadly duo maintain their positions just outside the very top spots, and we'll see if subunit activities will be enough to give either member the final push. Yuju, Wheein, and Taeyeon have been locked in for a while so there's not much else to say. As I pay less and less attention to the non-music aspects of Kpop, the Bias Power Rankings will fall to the hands of the reliable members. Time to focus more of these on individual groups I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment