December 19, 2017

Rest In Peace, Jonghyun

How do I even write this? Thinking about what to say and how to say it leaves me silent. SHINee was one of the earliest groups I discovered in Kpop, and Jonghyun's powerful voice easily made him my favorite member. Though they (and other boy groups) faded into the backlight as I got deeper into Kpop, I still enjoyed their comebacks time and time again. Jonghyun was a special singer, a special talent, and him being gone simply didn't process in my mind at first. The whole situation being tied with depression and suicide only makes things more painful. His final letter, the general surrounding circumstances...there were so many posts and tweets I saw that hurt to read. Some of it reverberated within me because of my own battles, and loss of a family member last year. All the same, the Kpop world lost someone special, but he will not be forgotten. I'll keep things short here. You were respected, admired, and loved for all that you did. Thank you. Rest in peace, Jonghyun.

No comments:

Post a Comment