June 18, 2018

[Review] Black Pink - Ddu-du Ddu-du (Blitz)

Black Pink is lucky I'm only doing a Blitz, for their sake. I can't rip them too hard for this comeback knowing there's a word limit. First off the title of the song is poorly formatted and looks dumb. It rivals Cube's new girl group's name in terms of how awful it is on the eyes, I won't refer to it at all. This song itself is so mediocre I can't believe I got hyped over their return after an entire year. It's really just...the sequel to "As If It's Your Last" in how each member's lines act as independent sections and barely string together at all. We do get to hear Jisoo improve on her vocals and that's good. Opposite her, Rose continues to struggle and I'm convinced she'll simply end up as Bom's successor in the singing department with the constant straining. Jennie's return to rapping "saves" the song and like Lisa in  "AIIWYL" is the only good part - if this track makes it to my library it will be thanks to fierce Jennie. The chorus' beat is utterly wasted by the lack of energy or emotion in the choreography and it's almost insulting to think all that time waiting was for this weak of a dance. They are Black Pink and I'm happy for their current success with this song but I'm still pissed. They deserve better. Fuck YG.
Word Count: 232

No comments:

Post a Comment