November 16, 2018

[Misc] Thought Corner: Fall Cleaning

Ayo it's that time of the year. Winter is coming and the house needs cleaning. Fall cleaning doesn't quite have the same ring to it as spring cleaning, does it? Anyway here's some word salad.

With Season 9 underway, I'm going to go back and proofread all posts from July 2018 and on - I do this every couple of months for minor fixes like spelling, grammar, and etc. I won't go back earlier than July because that was my vacation in Hong Kong so setting the "gate" there seems like a good spot.

Thought Corner makes its debut and is the unofficial announcement that the Recap series will be concluding after the final trimester post. Some of what Recap will branch into have been detailed in the last installment. The only thing I'm uncertain on is it Thought Corner and Blog Posts will be separate entities or if they'll merge together. Having Blog Posts on a blog is definitely odd-looking to say the least. Jury's out on this one.

To keep myself accountable (more than the mere "Coming Soon" section), here are some pieces I've either started work on or am pretty much confirmed to write.
  • Girl Group Vocalist Power Rankings III - I swear it's coming.
  • More reviews - Hopefully with the minimalized banners as mentioned in the Yuri review. They're not that hard to make, I'm just lazy.
  • Group Power Rankings - Both boy and girl groups because why the fuck not? Equality, bitch.
  • Best Of Pre-2008 - As I joined the Kpop world in 2009, anything before that is rough history.
  • Girl Group Power Rankings IX - Three of these a year seem like an appropriate amount.
  • Some sort of timeline piece maybe? - I really enjoyed those and the only way to keep doing them is to keep the blog running. I got this.
Let's pin this checklist for a mid-December mark. Clock is ticking now.

I've always tried to keep things "professional" on the blog but it's time I do whatever the hell I want and write about whatever and whenever. At the same time I don't want to turn this blog into 50% fluff so we'll see how the first couple of months under Season 9 fares. While it's been a slow start for the new season, like I said before: I'm not going to quit. Kpop is known for the seven year curse which has claimed the lives of many groups. The seven year curse will not defeat me, too. Cheers (from Iraq).

No comments:

Post a Comment