April 7, 2019

[Misc] LOONA Power Ranking

Aside from Dreamcatcher, I'd say that Loona is the other young girl group I'm really excited about. "Butterfly" was a masterpiece and their plethora of material is no slouch. Their diversity has plenty of people hyped about them and reminding everyone to stan Loona. Since I don't really know them all too well, these will be brief rankings based on their skills, live performances, and glimpses of interviews. I haven't watched much of them in terms of variety but I'll fix that soon.

#12. Yeojin / #11. Hyunjin / #10. Chuu / #9. Choerry
With twelve members, it was easy to split them into three tiers. A pair of jins bring up the rear as Yeojin and Hyunjin don't inspire me in any way. Don't despair because with any new group things are bound to change as I get more familiar and invested with the members. Chuu is the classic case of overly cute member that has never been my cup of tea, and honestly Choerry appears to give the same impression at a glance. Out of all the bottom four, I give Choerry the best chance to make moves upward and that's why she sits at 9th.

#8. Yves / #7. Vivi / #6. Haseul / #5. Heejin
I think Yves is the most popular member of Loona and by default she can't be on the upper half. Only half joking as I can't deny her presence but I've never been very excited about her. Vivi's got that Hong Kong flag for bonus points though she won't get the opportunity to break into the top half just yet. For Haseul, there's something about her short cut that rocks it. Plus she's one of the main vocalists (still working on identifying those roles) and y'all know how I love those vocalists. Heejin is also another main vocal I think? And I love her visuals - she reminds me of a younger Linzy, which hopefully means she'll be a powerful singer in the years to come.

#4. Gowon / #3. Kim Lip / #2. Jinsoul / #1. Olivia
Gowon starts off the top tier and is probably the first doll-like idol I've really liked. In my early KARA days I was the same way about Hara so we'll see how that pans out. The top three were easy picks because not only do I enjoy watching them perform the most out of everyone, but their predebut singles were the best, too. Kim Lip is a quality singer and dancer, and despite having a large group she has the versatility to outshine other members. Jinsoul and Olivia though? My eyes are glued to these two. Jinsoul's eyes are some of the most captivating I've ever seen out of a new girl group, and Olivia is simply gorgeous. Half the damn group are considered visuals (with Yves and Choerry being the crowd favorites) but in my opinion Olivia destroys the competition. Boss baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment