October 14, 2019

Rest In Peace, Sulli

This is truly a cursed year for Kpop. Out of the many headlines, Sulli's death was the last thing I expected. Apparently the authorities have not ruled it a suicide but she was alone when it happened. Either way devastating news. f(x) was one of the earliest groups in my Kpop journey, and Sulli was at the forefront of her group. Her cute smile and bubbly personality drew me to her, and she was my favorite member of f(x) before Luna took center stage. I got to see them perform live twice: once in New York and once in Hong Kong. Really wish I had a smartphone back in those days so I could have had some fancams still around. People talked so much shit about her that was undeserved - as it always is - and I pray that she maintained close relationships with others she could rely on for support. We always take life for granted. Mental issues are no joke. Depression is no joke. Being a keyboard warrior is a joke. They've announced that her funeral will not be open to the public and thank fucking god. The media constantly trashed her both during and after her f(x) days, why should they have access to anything from her death? Praying for her friends and family, and anyone else who knew her. Combine everything happening in Kpop this year and the bullshit in Hong Kong, it's been a rough couple of months on my mental physique. Nonetheless we keep pushing onward. Take care of yourselves, guys. I pray I never have to make one of these posts ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment