November 25, 2019

Rest In Peace, Hara

It has been one month. One fucking month. Now Hara is gone. I could hardly process the headlines yesterday. I can hardly still process anything today. Three suicides in two years. All from close friends, all from groups that got me started on my Kpop journey. While at work, my iPod shuffled through Jonghyun, f(x), and KARA songs within ten songs. It's unbelievable how the world works. I almost cried on the spot. KARA was an integral part of Kpop's explosion and she was an integral part of the group. Her visuals were stunning and while her singing was never the big selling point, she made up for it with her presence in the variety world. I still have good memories of Invincible Youth and her shenanigans. Hara, we never deserved you. The media never deserved you. The bullshit you got was appalling. I don't even wanna write anymore. Just gonna watch old KARA music videos and let everything sink in. It's funny how you think you've put some distance and less attachment to Kpop over the last few years, and then shit like this hits you hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment