November 10, 2019

[Review] Mamamoo - Hip (Teaser)

Mamamoo is coming back before winter rolls around, and I for one welcome them having a chance to fight Twice for the end of the year stuff. This teaser is a culmination of their plethora of previous teasers, all of which were classic Mamamoo in how quirky and goofy they are. It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate all the teasers into the music video, since there were a lot of teasers. Solar was a weird alien princess and a boxer, Moonbyul was a videographer / director and choreographer, Wheein was a painter and protestor, and Hwasa was a broadway performer(?) and mom. That's...eight personalities to incorporate into a MV, on top of the other dance scenes and outfits we see here. These new visuals are as tacky as the members are, and I definitely don't like Solar's weird hair. The song sounds good at a glance, paired with an interesting-looking choreography. As always I look forward to eating well as a Mamamoo fan. My expectations have been raised slightly. Please do not come back to bite me on this, I'm begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment