March 30, 2019

[Review] Taeyeon - Four Seasons

Hold up, what universe are we living in? I had to use this performance instead of the MV because (a) when has SM ever promoted concert material? and (b) I simply love watching Taeyeon perform. Yes the music video was artistic and timeless - her bangs look was really taking me back to my early Sone days - but her mannerisms and expressions in the live are too lovely to pass up on.

This was the song that made me realize I don't need image banners at all for reviews. Especially in non-joke posts I like the cleaner look. Thus, you'll see those at a minimum. Speaking of, that is also characteristic of "Four Seasons." There's not much else to say about this track. "Four Seasons" is a different type of love ballad, one that has many R&B elements (which seem inspired from "Something New"). Taeyeon's voice play it safe throughout, keeping the notes in her most comfortable range - only bringing out a single brief high note during the bridge. It's kind of funny how in "Something New" she experimented with a new style whereas in "Four Seasons" she brings it back with simplistic vocals coupled with beautiful harmonies. Said harmonies are quietly hiding in the chorus and you could easily miss them if you aren't paying attention. The instrumental is not too crazy either, though that was probably true with "Something New" as well. Either way, this is a very pleasant song that is furthered by Taeyeon's wonderful and carefree performance on stage. As someone that rarely watches live performances (more than once anyway), I'll keep coming back to this when I'm feeling down.
Taeyeon doesn't do anything extraordinary with "Four Seasons": this is a simple love song sung by a beautiful voice. The harmonies and instrumental are simplistic in nature but they work well. What I really can't stress enough about is how awesome this concert footage is. She looks amazing, sounds amazing, and the crowd is amazing. It is another entry into her stellar career. Whenever she comes to New York, I'm giving up all my possessions to get the very best seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment