March 31, 2020

[Bonus] The Late Report: March 2020

With the world suffering under the wrath of coronavirus, the social distancing and quarantine shenanigans are out in full force. I've had more time to write but also more time to sleep or play Animal Crossing or do absolutely nothing. Nonetheless, March comes to a close with a very basic Late Report to go over.
LOONA - Sorry Sorry
You cannot escape the power of Loona. They have an extremely impressive collection of high-quality dance covers under their belt. And with Lee Sooman participating in album production, perhaps something like this was inevitable. Loona display chemistry and class with a cover of "Sorry Sorry," and even though there's autotune you can't deny the girls sound good. The choreography is also clean (as expected) and Yves does fantastic work as the center. If LSM sees potential this group, then you know they're doing something right.
Black Pink & Itzy & Twice Avengers Mashup
I truly am in awe of the brilliant minds behind these types of mashups. Everything in this is fucking clean. Like from start to finish, everything - the instrumental mixups, the transitions, etc. The Twice and Itzy combination I get because they are sister groups under the same label, but seamlessly slotting in "As If It's Your Last" with its variety of styles and sections is really damn impressive. Some days I wish I had the musical talent to do this shit because I love this kind of stuff. Then again most days I just wish I had any talent.
YG's Gameplan
Speaking of Black Pink... Have I posted this before? I may have linked it in a previous post but not the full image. In either case, you can swap around the last two panels of the Gru template and it'd still be applicable because Black Pink are basically as active as any defunct girl group. YG must be praising the stars that coronavirus is going crazy so he doesn't have to even think about promoting his groups. Not that he really needed a virus and quarantine to not care. Also r/kpop is full of quality memes right now and definitely worth checking out to at least get a few chuckles.
Lee Yi Kyung - Leave Work On Time
My sisters introduced this song to me briefly before we left for LA, and it was on full display in the meme playlist despite us literally being on vacation. I guess when you have a song that is so obviously silly but still manages to take itself seriously, you make art. There's a handful of great cameos but my care of music videos has pretty much dissipated into the unknown at this point in my Kpop life. Also apparently he's the son of a CEO? That's more on-the-nose type of points for him. Feels bad for the people that are working during these times.
Hello From The Inside
Okay so admittedly this Late Report got quite meme-tastic at the end but whoever. It's worth! Adele would be so damn proud of this rendition because not only are the vocals beautiful, but the lyrics speak more than a thousand truths. Hope he cleaned that window before going to town though. The ironic potential of getting sick doing this cover is too strong for me to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment