October 31, 2020

[Misc] The Late Report: October 2020

Mamamoo - Dingga
It's fucking infuriating how this new Blogger won't let me make my normal alignments without fucking up the spacing between sections. I don't understand why it's this bad, I really don't. Anyway, happy Halloween I guess? Ain't nobody should be out and about given the pandemic but hey people are stupid (just like Blogger). No candy from me, just some videos and songs to go over as October draws to a close.

Starting us off is Mamamoo's "Dingga," which is...something. It's not their greatest work vocals-wise, and it's also not their most fun release. It's essentially "Hip" but with a more bright splash of paint over it, topped off with an overall less impressive choreography to boot. The most disturbing thing about this track is Hwasa's apparent lack of eyebrows. Not a good look. With Red Velvet's controversy and Mamamoo stumbling a bit here, is it once again time for Twice to take the crown?

CEO Minzy? Sounds Great
Minzy has been out of the spotlight since departing YG, but I recently picked up on some news of her setting up her own agency. Apparently since "Ninano" she has done close to nothing, which is a damn shame given her age and talent. But now MZ Entertainment is here and while I don't think she's actually the CEO (could be wrong), it's hopefully a step towards a more active career in the future. With Dara active on Youtube for a while now and CL's impending comeback, us old-school 2NE1 fans are feeling blessed.
Suhyun - Dynamite
The fact that I first heard this song in a Samsung commercial on Youtube says a lot about how little attention I pay to BTS. Anyway, Suhyun has been releasing music while her brother has writing novels apparently but this cover of another BTS hit is sweet. Her English isn't perfect but she's doing her best, and the trio of backup vocalists was a nice touch. The song itself is fine, no real complaints about it to be had.
LOONA - Why Not (Halloween)
Unfortunately the video I want to show is not in good quality but the content is worth. "Why Not" is honestly pretty mediocre as a song but when all the members are wearing hilarious Halloween costumes, it makes everything better. Just some fantastic stuff out of LOONA. Too bad Haseul is still not back in the rotation yet.

And I'll be honest, I can't do this shit anymore. I spent nearly triple the time trying to link and fit the videos into the actual post (and fixing things to an orderly fashion) than writing the damn text. It should not be this difficult and I don't understand why things had to change. October is over and so is my will to keep working with this new shittier Blogger. For fuck's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment