September 4, 2020

[Misc] Thought Corner: Refreshing The Office

Even though I'm not in school anymore, September ushers in the new semester and we're gonna do some cleaning around the blog house. It's still a crazy world out there but we're gonna try and set some standards and protocols to help drive the site forward. Hell I nearly went for making a new season before realizing that Season 10 started this January. Anyway, first things first I'm gonna be revamping the Recurring Series Directory (may or may not have already been done by the time this goes live). I love that post as the central hub for someone of my favorite excerpts over the years and it needs a refresher. I'll figure something out. Second, the latest Girl Group Power Ranking has to be revised since I somehow let Dreamcatcher slip out of the writing there. But that's enough of fixes, what about moving forward?

Here's what writing you should expect to see from me each month. At the minimum, there should be six posts during the month. There should be no less than three song reviews:
* New release
* Old song not yet reviewed (Throwback)
* Old song previously reviewed (Revisited)
Furthermore if I ever go over a teaser video at all, a review of the song is gonna be required. The teaser "review" is fluff anyway so tying it to an actual review a few days later (or whenever it releases) is the only appropriate response.

I'd love to balance the gender inequality in the reviews and general writing but man. You've already seen my interest dip in the girl groups, now imagine what that's like for boy groups haha. So in that aspect I won't make any promises, other than I'll try my best...sort of.

Then a "monthly project" type of post. Whether that's a Power Ranking, Tier List, etc. will be up to me but I think having at least one of those will be good for diversity. Since these can be varying lengths, I'll say that shorter posts will need a partner to accompany them for the month whereas a larger one (like the JYPE Girl Group Member Tier List) will suffice standalone. Gonna be a decent amount of subjectivity when it comes to how big or small a post is but I'm sure it'll be fine.

And then on the final day of each month is of course, The Late Report. No more mistakes of missing on the final day. In fact my organizational itch is so severe that I will go and fix the dates for any Season 10 Late Reports. Not because I'm a cheater or liar but because I'll forever be haunted by the placement rather than the inaccuracy. The "last" slot is a flex slot. Whether it's completely fluff, a Thought Corner, or whatever. Gives me some freedom throughout the month to write about whatever.

That comes out to a grand total of five posts per month at the minimum. Over the course of a year that'd be at least 60 total posts. Again that's only the low end since I don't only want to write that much. Still yearning to break the 2016 record of 90 posts in the calendar year, as misguided as that might seem. Might have had a chance at doing so this year but getting sick ruined that pretty hard, as with this post I'd still need 37 posts to set the record. That's nine posts per month over the next four months...huge doubt haha. Anyway that's what I got for the future of this blog. Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment